Membership in the Greater Davison Area Toastmasters
Toastmasters Membership in the Greater Davison Area Toastmasters Club is open to all individuals interested in advancing their speaking, leadership, and listening skills.
After joining, our VP of Education will assign you a mentor to help you have a positive Toastmaster experience.
Benefits of Toastmasters Membership
Participate in a unique and proven program for developing your communication and leadership skills.
Experience a positive and supportive atmosphere in a community of learners.
Enjoy the opportunity to find your voice while learning to tell your story with confidence.
Grow through regular and constructive feedback from other learners as you practice organizing your thoughts and presenting them clearly.
Gain experience in leadership development through training and club involvement.
Take advantage of unlimited opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Access a wealth of educational materials and resources on public speaking, listening skills, meeting protocol, the use of technology in presentations, and effective communication in conferences and meetings.
Receive a free subscription to the Toastmaster, a monthly magazine that provides insights on communication, leadership, club activities and other relevant topics.
Toastmasters Membership Cost Information
The following chart shows the cost of Toastmasters membership for new members, based on the month they join.
New Member Fee
Paid only by new members. Covers costs of the New Member Kit and processing.
For all members. Pro-rated at $7.50 per month + Club dues at $2.00 per month.
October or April
November or May
December or June
January or July
February or August
March or September
Greater Davison Area Toastmasters club dues are $2.00 a month, which amount to $12.00 each 6 months.
Dues are paid semi-annually and are due to Toastmasters International on or before April 1st and October 1st.
When writing a check, make it payable to “Greater Davison Area Toastmasters Club”. For other payment options, contact the club treasurer.
As a member, you get to share the benefits you gain by
Assisting fellow members in developing their communication and leadership skills, while you develop your own.
Helping your group maintain the Toastmasters standard of excellence in all projects and programs.
Providing leadership in your club, whether performing meeting roles, assisting on committees or serving as an officer.
Telling other people about the value of Toastmasters and inviting guests to club meetings.
Representing the Toastmasters brand in everyday business, social and community situations.
The Toastmasters Promise
As a member of Toasters International and Greater Davison Area Toastmasters, I promise
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my projects to the best of my ability, basing them on the Toastmasters education program
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters’ membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters education and recognition programs
- To act within Toastmasters’ core values of integrity, respect, service and excellence during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities
Are you new to Toastmasters?
If you’re new to Toastmasters and would like to visit our club meetings before joining Toastmasters, we’d love to have you as our guest! Please drop us a line and let us know you’ll be coming. Here’s a visitor’s guide for visiting the Greater Davison Area Toastmasters Club meeting for the first time.